06 Jul Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Special Issue on Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity
Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Special Issue on Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity
December 31, 2020
The importance of Cybersecurity is experiencing a growing trend because of the ever-increasing availability of Internet accessible services driven by the diffusion of smart connected devices, e.g. IoT devices. The consequent exposition to cyber threats demands suitable methodologies, techniques and tools allowing to adequately handle issues arising in such a complex domain.
Virtual Environments (VE) are systems able to simulate highly realistic environments with which people, physical devices and other systems may interact. In particular, VE allow to reproduce the behavior of realistic IT scenarios by exploiting computer and network virtualization techniques and agent-based simulation. VE are thus an enabling technology for the assessment, teaching and learning of cybersecurity related aspects.
The scope of this Special Issue is to present state-of-the-art research covering a variety of concepts in Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity, particularly focused on modelling, simulation and performance evaluation of such platforms.
Papers for the Special Issue must provide a substantial novel contribution, and authors must carefully situate their work with regard to the relevant scientific literature. They must clearly address research issues of Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity and show the role of modelling and simulation in this research area.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Modelling and Simulation of Cybersecurity scenario through Virtual Environments
- Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity assessment
- Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity education and training
- Virtual Environments for the evaluation of Cybersecurity solutions for IoT applications
- Honey nets systems based on Virtual Environments
- Data storage and processing in Virtual Environments
- Cloud and Fog computing technologies for Virtual Environments
- Big data analytics for Virtual Environments
- Intrusion detection systems based on Virtual Environments
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Editorial Manager (EM) submission system at the following link:
Authors must select “Special Issue: Virtual Environments for Cybersecurity” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the on-line submission process. Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal. Please feel free to contact the Guest Editor for any questions.
- Manuscript submission deadline: December 31, 2020
- Manuscript reviews to authors: March 15, 2021
- Manuscript revision due: May 15, 2021
- Final notification of acceptance: July 15, 2021
- Expected publication of the special issue: November, 2021
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITOR
Department of Informatics, Modeling, Electronics and System Engineering University of Calabria, Italy